Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 1

So Day 1 has come and gone... I think I am at day 10 now, something like that. I started my increased Synthroid and have been feeling alot better, more energy, etc. They also started me on birth control for 4 weeks. I was told that the birth control organizes your egg in a nice neat organized line, which aides in the retreival process in a few weeks. Weird, huh? My husband has been awesome! He has come with me to my appointments and has been very supportive with everything including the thyroid news I was hit with last week. It has been so nice having him in this with me.

So I ordered all of my medications this last week. Luckily the doctor had collected some samples for me, which saved us about $1,500. THANK YOU! We spent about $1,800 for the remainder of the medicine. I am sure there will be a couple other minor things to get but that was the bulk. So yeah, the box arrives. I see it on the doorstep and think, wow thats a large box, there must be alot of bubble wrap in there... OMG!!!!! I am in shock. I actually called the pharmacy and asked them if this was all for one cycle. There is sooo much stuff. It scared the crap out of me. I told my husband, I am going to look like a human pin cushion. I know I am sensitive to medications, because of my past fertility experience and from some previous allergic reactions to unrelated drugs, so how am I going to do with all of this??? After my husbands quick pep talk - "well do you want a baby or not" :-) , I moved on. I think thats why I married him, sometimes I need somone to just be blunt about it. He is funny. Really there isn't anything I can do. Its scarey but, here we go....

I am not scheduled to start any shots until the April 20. So i am just waiting till then. I do plan on posting a picture of the rediculous amount of medications they sent me. I think it is important for anyone who hasn't started yet to be prepared b/c I had no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment